Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just some thoughts


Today at our Spring Day of Worship (a three-hour chapel service we hold once each semester) a major theme centered around unity as the body of Christ. I felt very convicted since I so often find my heart is completely off from where it should be on this issue. I'm usually non-confrontational, so I don't often get into obvious tiffs with people, but I let things rankle on the inside quite a lot. Today served as a good reminder to live with an attitude of humility and servanthood towards others.

This requires dying to myself every day so that I can see others the same way Jesus Christ does. 
As Philippians 2:3 puts it: 


In humility
consider others
better than
yourselves.


4 comments:

  1. it was good to read your thoughts on day of worship...though i'm rather late. i love you, and your heart for Him!! you are such an encouragement to me, daily :)
    love you, emenemely!
    -caity caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, your heart, and your honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wondering if you got my previous post? I'm having password troubles.If not, I wanted you to know I'm so proud of you, thankful for your faith, and glad you're learning, growing and being challenged. OXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Mom, got all three comments. You just weren't seeing them yet because I have to approve comments first. I deleted the middle one since it doesn't matter now. Love you too! Thanks for commenting, I appreciate it so much. You too, Cait.
    <3

    ReplyDelete